City of Starke -WWTP & Drinking Water Maintance Trainee Position
Job related duties for Water distribution, Sewage Collections and Maintenance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WATER DISTRIBUTION:
· Perform the various tasks associated with the maintenance of a water distribution system.
· Learns the proper use of tools and equipment required to perform the job.
· Participates in routine maintenance activities such as system flushing, valve exercising and fire hydrant maintenance.
· Under direction, follows established policies and procedures in repair of equipment to ensure proper working order.
· Operates city vehicles and equipment according to established safety procedures and policies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Available for emergency response, 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
WORKS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE CITY OF STARKE SUPERINTENDENT OF WATER & WASTEWATER
A. SEWAGE COLLECTION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CHECK LIFTSTATION RUNNING TIMES AND PROPER OPERATION OF LIFTSTATION EQUIPMENT AND CONTOLS.
2. FIX OR MAKE NECESSARY REPAIRS TO ALL EQUIPMENT, PIPING AND CONTROLS ASSOCIATED WITH LIFTSTATIONS.
3. AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCY RESPONCE TO FIX OR ASSIST, 24 HOURS/DAY, SEVEN DAYS/WEEK.
i. ASSIST IN OTHER WORK AT WATER, WASTEWATER AND BCR PLANTS AS NEEDED. WORKS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE CITY OF STARKE SUPERINTENDENT OF WATER & WASTEWATER.
1. Preforms routine maintance on pumps, electrical motors, and all equipment associated with water and wastewater. Maintain wastewater plant, water plants and lift station yards. i.e. mowing , weed eating , painting , and pressure washing.
2. Keep track of tools used to perform duties.
3. Take or given written or verbal commands of issues that needs to be addressed.
This position will call for inmate training certification upon hiring to be completed when classes are available. Will need to obtain a class B CDL driver license within 2 months of hiring date. The right candidate may be ask to obtain wastewater and drinking water license or distribution and collection license under the direction of the Superintendent of Water & Wastewater
ALL JOBS ARE ADVERTISED WITH FLORIDA WORKS, 819 WALNUT ST., STARKE, FL 30291.APPLICATIONS CAN BE PICKED UP AND RETURNED TO SAME. THE CITY OF STARKE IS AN E.O.E. JOB CLOSES 3-14-14